Sphere #13

This image was done about 10 years ago while under the influence of a botanical series of Huntington Witherill’s. There were some in which a circular shape was prominent. https://huntingtonwitherill.com/botanical-dances

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
The circular shape is an “orbital” distortion done in PS of a very weathered logo or emblem of some sort, and the pieces of wisteria were done on a flatbed scanner. (Another period I was going through…) Layered in PS and blended in Overlay mode.

1 Like

It’s quite the intriguing image, Diane. Thanks for the processing notes too.

Very cool! Thanks for telling us how you made it - very creative.

Wow!

Tantalizing isn’t strong enough to describe the image, and neither is wow, but it is all I can say right now; I want the get back to Witherill’s website and be under the influence.

Thanks, Diane, for the image, the link, and the details.

That is super and very creative. To see these separate elements and find a way to join them in a single work of art is an ability I just don’t have. Like composing music - you have to imagine the whole before you can assemble the pieces. Terrific.

Diane, this is an excellent mix of lines, shapes and textures. The overall circularity has a fine sense of movement, the there are the various “harder” lines and levels of semitransparent luminosity. This is a fine photoart creation.

Great creativity…I should do something with my scanner.

An image stamped with Diane’s creativity. Wonderful lines, shapes and tonalities. I love how the large outer circle is in focus…and then not.

I see a Yin Yang kind of curve in the circular pattern. Super creative!

1 Like