Spring Emerges

Spring buds emerge on the trees in Massachusetts. This image was taken in Minuteman National Park on Battle Road between Lexington and Concord. I liked how the vibrant color of the yellow spring buds was emerging from the dark background on a rainy day. For me this conveyed a feeling of hopefulness, spring renewing the world after a long and gloomy winter. I also liked the secondary splash of color from the green moss on the tree. With buds this sparse, the trick was finding a dark background that didn’t let through any patches of sky. Not as easy to do as it sounds.

I’m looking for input on the luminosity and saturation of the yellow buds, whether it’s too much or not.

Specific Feedback Requested

any critique or comments are welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

6 Likes

Really like the use of complementary colors here, Ed. I like your impressions you’ve conveyed about this image. Really beautiful. It’s a little empty on both sides of the trunk at the bottom, but we can never have a perfect image. :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

Another beauty Ed. Almost pointillistic in presentation.

Ed,
I think your luminosity and colors are just right. This was a good find to have this even and full of a distribution across the entire frame. The tree structure is nice and the subtle tint of the background really works well.

My only minor wish/nit would be for completely clean border on the bottom of the frame. That is really getting greedy though. It also looks like there is a little unusual area in the brush just to the right of the lowest dead limb on the right side of the tree? Really nit picking, but I know you sweat the small details.

Man, you are killing it with these springtime images, Ed! This is quite lovely and I love the color palette of purple and yellow. The luminosity and saturation of the yellow buds looks spot on to me; just as I would envision it. I hope you have some more of these to share.

Another beauty, Ed. Everything is right on. Wonderful color tones, a very ethereal image. If one lets ones self, it is very transcendent. You could clone out the dead branch, pretty easy background to work with…but why bother. One of your best.