Spring from Above

I headed back to Rowena Crest in the Columbia River Gorge this morning to give my UAV a workout. It was quite fun. This shows the arrowleaf balsamroot in full bloom and the trail leading up to Rowena Plateau. And…no ticks this time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Hasselblad 28mm lens, 230ft elevation, 1/400 sec @ f/4, ISO 100. 6:39am (one hour after sunrise). Standard processing in Capture One: Levels, Brightness, Highlight Recover, Clarity, Structure, Dehaze of the distant hills.

I’m loving your aerials! The trail here leads the viewer so nicely into the image, with lovely detail. Can you do a video with the drone following you as you hike? That would be cool!

Thank you, Diane. Yes, I can set the drone up to track/follow me. I haven’t done it yet, but will give it a try.

Cheers,
David

David, the view is excellent, especially with the trail as a leading line. Even in the large view, I’m having a hard time finding the Balsamroot blooms. A subtle adjustment of how much yellow there is in the greens might show off the Balsamroot better. I do see some lupines. I had a similar problem a while back and vaguely remember making subtle adjustments to the color temp and tint to get better green/yellow separation.

Makes me want to jump right into the frame! Spectacular view and I can imagine how wonderful it would be to hike there. The sky looks a bit turquoise to me, but maybe it was. Glad you’re flying again!