Still Water

Another panorama of Robe Lake at Valdez, Alaska. This one was taken in the summer though so there’s very little snow on the peaks and everything is green instead of brown.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony DSC-F707, multiple vertical photos stitched. Don’t have the particulars on this one as the stitching software I was using then didn’t save the EXIF data.

1 Like

When you open this image to view it large you are very impressed of and at the same time feel humble respect for the grandiose and vast landscape in front of you.

I like a lot the composition and cropping, for instance the placement of the major mountain peak (and that the peak could be seen in-between the clouds), the placement of the horizon line, that you have cropped the sides of the image where there is an increasing curve towards the edge (that stop the eyes from leaving the image), the blue and green colors are great, the are interesting clouds, the lighting has been handled good in the post-processing keeping the reflections a little bit darker than the mountains and the sky.

I have no technical comments, to me everything technical looks great including the stitching.