Stubblefield

Specific Feedback Requested

Any.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
7DmkII; 100/400 @100; ISO 320; +1/3; spot; 11.0; 1/1250th; WB: auto; cropped to pano; about 60% of original; sharpening.

Nice. I like the way you positioned the straight lines on the right of center side. Sure gives the image more dynamics.

Wonderful color palette and the cut rows of corn do a perfect job of drawing the viewer into this understated scene. Beautifully done, Jim!

@David_Bostock and @Ed_Lowe Thank you. I was driving around the county looking for something to shoot. I passed this field and changed my mind and went back. Happy I did.

This is marvellous, Jim for the reasons already mentioned. Graphically, very strong. Have you considered a version cropped from the left where the straight row (to the right) is centred and the image essentially symmetrical? I think it would be visually very strong though I realize it would be a completely different image. But, hey, maybe two for the price of one :wink:

Jim, this is a great take on a winter corn field. The pano format emphasizes how big the field is while your “right down the rows” view pushes the graphic nature of the scene. I often look at fields like this and wonder about a photo, but haven’t been successful, yet…

I love this look too, it significantly enhances the graphic design aspect of the image. I also like that you placed these straight lines off-center, the result is very appealing to me visually.

As said above, the lines of the crop rows are so nicely placed, and the crossing horizontal lines of the undulating surface add a very interesting element.

I wonder if the sky is a bit too cyan? Or maybe my monitor is off? After getting new computer with the latest “beta” Apple OS, I can’t re-calibrate my monitor until Apple does some fix or other.

@Kerry_Gordon I tried your suggestion but not quite to my liking although it creates 2 for 1. @Mark_Seaver Thank you.
@David_Bostock Thank you.
@Diane_Miller The sky, on my monitor, looks very similar to what it did that day although now that you mention it, I think it was a bit bluer. The power of suggestion. Thanks.