Sunrise at Cholla Garden

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Carefully walking amongst the Cholla one early morning this scene presented itself.

Specific Feedback

your opinion

Technical Details

wide angle

1 Like

Louis, I’ve been to this location a few times over the years and yes the CHOLLA is not only the highlight of the site but also the danger zone too. One can clearly see some of the Teddy Bear or Jumping cholla strewn along the ground here and there. Not only is the puncture nasty but the barbed needles are tough to remove too.

The composition provides a view of the garden and several stalks or trees if you will. The back lit needles are always a favorite for sunrise photography from this location as you’ve also provided that view here too.

I would lower the blue / cyan saturation a lot to provide a warmer look to the scene.

I find your preferences for the scene more in line with what I also prefer. That said the one who wanted this image suggested they would prefer to see it with less warmth.

I fully understand, Louis. Everyone has their own personal tastes and preferences… :sunglasses: