Sunrise in Fog over Mount Rainier

Agree! Love the monotone nature of the image!

@David_Bostock Iā€™ve been here so many times for sunrise and Iā€™ve never seen the mountain!

Excellent composition. Your placement of the mountain brings a nice balance to the image. I like the little dip in the trees with the fog as it brings my eye down from the mountain to explore more of your image. And finally the tree on the far right is well placed as it sends my eye back into the image instead of out of the frame.

1 Like

David, This is absolutely wonderful! I love the dreamy mood and what the 15 second exposure did. So nice that worked getting the light you did on the mountain top and love the looks of the fog. Great composition as well. The original works well for me. Beautiful work and Iā€™ll take this any day over a colorful sunrise.

Really cool shot Davidā€¦I know this viewpoint very well. Itā€™s always a roll of the dice in the park but I agree with an earlier comment in that I like this more than a blazing, heaven on fire skyā€¦well almost. It really is a well crafted image. I had no idea a long exposure could cut through fog like that.

So dreamy. That atmosphere is better than all the sunrises or sunsets combined and even better than flowers in the foreground.

1 Like

I see this image made its debut in September last year. Iā€™m sure glad itā€™s resurfaced now!

Iā€™m really loving the dreamy blues and ever-so-soft magentas. Limited palette wins again. Well seen and so well captured.

1 Like