Sunset on the Gulf Coast

New work from my trip to SW Florida. Would love any feedback or CC you may have to make this a better photo!

Thanks!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like the nice water texture and light and the strong leading line from the pier.

The house at the end of the pier seems a bit cramped at the edge of the frame. Not much to be done about this now, unless you want to warp/content aware fill some more space on the right edge.

The sky color in the top left corner under the railing seems a bit off compared to the rest of the blues in the sky. I also noticed lots of dust spots in the sky you should probably clone out, as well as a lighter strip of blue on the top edge of the frame.

Nice image.

Thanks! Totally forgot to hit the dust spots haha.

Very pleasing image that I think has mass appeal.
The water is fantastic and the detail in the pier is impressive.
You really got some excellent action in the waves.

Nice lines and like the framing. Agree the house at the end is a little tight to the right edge.

Bunch of dust spots and light blue edge at top (as mentioned by Thorsten)
Small bit of sun flare (green spot on pier post and colors in sky behind that) I would clone out.

The sky seems patchy in terms of color, some areas with more yellow and some with more cyan.

Clouds have a bit of a processed look, I assume this is an exposure blend and maybe that is why. It is not offensive though,
I also think along the same lines the pier is a touch bright in terms of realistic ; but in terms of appeal keeping it as you have it may be better.

The horizon at times appears to be off and others it appears straight, seems to be an optical illusion cause of the pier angle ; might be that the horizon is perfectly straight but the pier is slightly distorted/tilted due to the wide angle lens and how close you were standing to the pier. It really is not significant just something that catches my eye.

The dynamic action in this is great as is the perspective. I agree the right side is tight, so I would consider adding space to the right with a little cloning. Well done.

The action in the water looks great. The pier is very striking. The color shift in the sky of the upper left quarter does look unnatural. Fixing that will result in an outstanding image.

Jordon,

Great take on this classic theme. Love the water and the sunstar is of course well placed and an important element. I also like that you included the end of the pier, although a skosh more room on the edge would be nice, but very minor thought.

Aside from the dust spots… the color shift I see seems to primarily behind the pier railings - as if the pier was treated/processed a little differently than the rest of the image - without masking out the sky? Hard to suggest what to do differently without knowing what you started with. But I think you’re real close on this one.

Lon