South Florida Pier @ Sunrise

Early morning long exposure sunrise at Deerfield Beach, FL pier.

Specific Feedback Requested

I still consider myself as “still learning” so any feedback to help me improve would be appreciated.

Technical Details

This was shot with a Fujifilm X-T3, ISO 160, f/11, 40 sec. PP in Capture One.

2 Likes

I like the colors and the eye-grabbing presence of the pier. What I don’t understand is why you chose to include more water than sky. Was there a bunch of ugly contrails up there or something? I ask because the water doesn’t have much going on while the sky does. Interesting the way the end of the pier seems to meet the low cloud over on the right. There is also a bright stripe by the tower - maybe a wire reflecting? You could clone that out pretty easily.

Nice looking scene here! My only feedback is it seems like a little bit of green/cyan creeped into your sunset colors directly above that far left pole on the pier.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I suppose I was trying to balance the sky and the ocean but now that you point that out I see what you mean. I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks. I see that now.

1 Like

David,

Classic set up with the pier reaching out in the water. The colors here are gorgeous.

I’m really enjoying this as presented. I understand the water - and I like the longer exposure that smooths it all out - allowing for the pier’s reflections to fill that empty space in the water.

This looks beautiful to me - no suggestions.

Lon

1 Like

Thank you!