Sunstreaked

The sun and clouds were having a field day this desert evening.

D850, 70-200

4 Likes

Wow Harley, I love the powerful streaks of light.

High drama! Love the sky, the clouds, and the sunlight rays. It looks like there are some halo artifacts on the lower hills in the LRC. This also might be nice cropped a bit, just to the right of the mountain sloping down on the right.

Thanks for the comments, @Eva_McDermott and @Bonnie_Lampley. Bonnie, it does look like a halo, but I had gone to the raw file and that is the way it looks. There are no selections or anything like that along that ridge line to the right. Good eye to see it though.

This is a crazy light. Probably one of your best from the recent series. I really like how the snow lights up in the peak.

Wow, indeed! Beautifully exposed.
It might not be what you are after, but another interesting crop would delete the top layer of clouds and snip a bit from the left. Those areas seem to me to compete a bit with the central drama.

This scene and light were made to be presented in B&W. And I love the processed the tonalities, the alternating bands of light and shadow areas make for a very dynamic image, all held together beautifully by the diagonal shaft of light and clouds. No nits from me, I would sure love to seea large print of this one :+1: :+1:

Wow, Harley, you really hit all the notes with this one. The cloud feels like a tsunami wave just rolling in. The way the cloud dwarfs that highlit bit of mountain on the right is truly awesome. And the streaks of Godlight coming in the from the left, just add to the sense of awe. The black and white conversion is perfectly handled. I can’t imagine doing a thing to change it.

Hi @Harley_Goldman, really good shot. You found a great light and you processed a great monochrome image. I love the pano crop. Thanks for sharing.

When I first viewed this I thought it was slow shutter speed of a crashing wave! Beautiful!

Spectacular atmospherics. Powerful and dynamic image working perfectly as a contrasty B&W. Processing looks great. Fine as framed but from a personal preference standpoint I would crop to 2:3 format.

That’s an amazing display of light, it must have been great to experience it first hand! The dark moody cloud at the top adds a nice dark frame there.