Tawny Fish Owl

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Tawny Fish Owl, just outside it’s nest.

Specific Feedback

Any…

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm; ISO 800; 1/800 sec. at f 5

A super image of this impressive owl. I still remember seeing it 11 years ago in Corbett, but I wasn’t taking photos then like I am now. I might clone out that twig poking out of the right side of the photo.

1 Like

Beautiful image of this owl, Jagdeep. I really like the eyes and the detailed plumage. IN addition to the smaller intrusion on the right, there’s an tiny one sticking into the top that could go if you want to clone, though it’s perfectly understandable if you don’t.

1 Like

Wow! What a great frame. Tack sharp. It’s a question of how much do you want to alter what you see in the field? As suggested by others, I would consider clean up of distracting branches and leaves projecting into the frame. I also would suggest you might want to address the bright highlight to the immediate left of the owl. It seems distracting to me. Having said that, I’d just be happy to see this owl in my viewfinder let alone get a shot as good as this one. John

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep, nice look at this owl - very pretty plumage with a striking brown color. Those eyes are great too of course. Good suggestions above but this works for me as is also. Striking image.

2 Likes