Territorial chase of Oriental Darter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 mm; ISO 640; 1/1600 sec. at F 8.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi Jagdeep, I really like the action conveyed here with the splashing water all over the image and the thrashing poses from the birds. I assume this is a territorial dispute and this is shown very well in the image. Nice details on the first bird. Well done.

Hi J Rajput
The detail, color and water action are great. A bird Id would be really nice. You don’t get to see this bird in Conn. USA.
Peter

Well a lot going on with these two. Really nice to see both heads c/w eyes and the four wings. A unique photo with lots of detail and lovely color. A small thing but a bit more room on the right if you have it as that is where action seems to be going.

Absolutely superb, Jagdeep. The action is just wonderful, the lead bird is tack sharp and all the water spray does a great job of conveying the energy being expended in this encounter.

Thanks friends !
Peter, I happened to mention in the title. it’s Oriental Darter.

This is pretty great. The juxtaposition of the birds and the water droplets are fantastic. IQ is very nice. I also wouldn’t mind a bit more room on the right.