Oriental Darter

Thank you so much for your kind comments & views !

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 mm; ISO 320; 1/2000 sec at F5.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice, Jagdeep, especially with all that water splash. I think you have nailed the tech here. Very nice pose, very nice light, so much action, too. I am just wondering if the sharpening could be backed down just a little bit.

Pretty cool wing position here. Amazing splash. Excellent color and exposure. On very close inspection of the large image it appears that the head and neck is a tiny bit soft or this could be a motion blur; the wings are exceedingly sharp and at F5, he might have missed the head a bit. I still like the image quite a bit.

The splash and the wing positions make this image for me, Jagdeep. Some of the whites look a little hot, but in this kind of image I don’t find that to be a significant issue.

Love all the flying water and the bird’s pose, Jagdeep.