The Cage + rp

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, 10-22 @ 10, 1/400 @ f11, ISO 250

A shot taken on a favourite walk of mine, but I don’t know how far the view will have impact for someone who does not know the place. A sixteenth century hunting lodge ( called The Cage ) is set on a rise overlooking moorland and the distant countryside. It speaks of the power of the aristocratic families of old but now provides space for anyone to walk freely under the changing skies.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ian, I think The Cage makes for a wonderful subject, and I appreciate the back story in your comments. I like the composition, and the warm/cool color contrast you achieved here.

I have a couple suggestions for improvement. First the sky looks very grainy/noisy in the larger image, it could use a dose of noise reduction. Second, I would slightly burn down the green grass below and to the right of the Cage, it looks a little hot on my monitor. And burning it down will make the Cage stand out even better.

And congratulations on your recent image selected for Editors Picks !!!

Thanks, Ed, for the comments. I had done some noise rduction but see what you mean. Taken down that area of grass, which does look better.

Ian,

While not as compelling as some of your recent images with the trees (congrats on the EP!), this one does have a sense of mystery and a history story to be told.

The repost is a great improvement from a processing perspective. Looks great now.

Lon