The Journey Continues

A mother three=toed sloth and her young making their way through the forest canopy with quite a few obstacles (of the plant variety) along the way.

Specific Feedback Requested

This photograph was quite difficult to expose for and I think I underexposed it a bit so I had to lift the shadows which made the contrast in them a bit off looking to my eyes but perhaps that is just me. Any ideas regarding editing would be welcome.

Technical Details

2 Likes

Very cool!! The intertwined sloths hold my attention. Tonalities look fine to me – when I pull the Shadows and Highlights sliders, an image often gets too flat. The Clarity slider can bring back a touch of midtone contrast.

There is a greenish cast – quite believable from the leaf canopy filtration, but maybe worth a look at a slight correction.

Thank you for thoughts @Diane_Miller! I agree that there is probably a bit too much green though, as you say, the green canopy and greenish fur of the sloths probably makes the greens feel off even though it is fairly accurate of the scene. Here is a version that has been moved a bit more towards magenta.

A captivating photo Dvir and I’m enjoying all the detail in the image. You have certainly demonstrated the effort this mom has to make to get anywhere through that habitat. Never knew their fur had green in it and I doubt that’s from the vegetation.

It’s algae! They move so slowly and high in the canopy that it forms on their fur and no doubt smells lovely. :laughing: Good for camouflage though.

I really like the revised version. That both faces are visible is really nice and tells a terrific story. The only thing I see that is odd is some blurring in the fur in areas where the rest of the fur is crisper in focus.