The Mighty Pacific

I took this image from the cliffs north of Santa Cruz looking out towards the ocean. There is usually a marine layer every morning that burns off. As it does the light is very gentle on the water,

Igor, this is very pleasing with all of it’s subtleties. The touches of light and the gentle crepuscular rays add a fine sense of attraction.

Lovely light, Igor. I like the subtle shadings in the water and the sky.

Igor, a fine entry for the theme here. The pano view works nicely too. The larger view provides a good look at the slight contrasts between the sky / clouds and the water. …:sunglasses:

This is a thoroughly serene and relaxing image to me, Igor. Everything is so gentle and soothing from the blue tones throughout the image to the subtle rays of light streaming from the clouds. I could see this hanging in a doctors office.

This is beautiful, Igor. I think the strength of the image is in its subtlety. The subtle rays, the understated color, the low contrast in the overall texture. I really like this minimalistic take of the scene.

Great view of the Pacific. The stormy sky and excellent colors all come together quite well for me. No nits here, most enjoyable.

Igor,

Beautifully seen an beautifully captured. Terrific “monochrome” color - but yet lot’s of texture and detail. I even like the subtle reflections of the sunlight on the ocean.

No nits. Just makes me want to head over to the coast.

Lon

I love the peacefulness and the radiating beams of light. This works well as a panoramic. Also the 50/50 split works, because both sky and water gives the eye a choice to wander around. Very engaging scene, Igor.