Pacific Morning

This was the first morning light on the water near Bodega Bay in northern California. I was going for an ethereal look, anchored by the seagulls in the foreground.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: ISO250, 73 mm, f/18, 25 sec.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Kathy, I’d say you totally fulfilled your goal. The bright and sharp rocks and gulls at the bottom really anchor the view and provide a great contrast with the ethereal rocks and water further out. Having texture all the way to the top is a good addition.

Awesome scene and composition. Love it!

Kathy, I’ve been to Bodega Bay and it never look this good. Nicely done.

OK Kathy, you had me completely fooled by the thumbnail. I thought I was looking at a majestic mountain scene with layers of fog and perhaps ice in the valleys. Low and behold I open this image up and it’s an intimate sea-scape image. Incredible. I love this shot. The two birds in the foreground with no haze and wonderful light provide great contrast to the wispy, blurred water movement in the mid and background. I love the long shadows and the water texture is perfect. Great shutter speed shooting this. Well done!

Love the mood the clouds bring. Maybe a little contrast in the background mountains to make the detail pop? But then again, maybe that would detract from your goal.

Beautiful image, Kathy. I love the sharp foreground with the two gulls and the soft water and fog beyond.

I really like this image! It’s ethereal and definately gets you thinking abouyt what you are looking at. I have no nits with it, but an observation.

I had to look at it twice to work out what was going on. If there were no seaguls in the shot, then I could have thought I was in the mountains. Personal I know, but I like the ambiguity