The Needles and the Damage done

Taken last weekend on the Oregon Coast.
Generally clear sunsets are fairly boring, not that common, and to be avoided at the coast
in photography circles.
The California fires are 500 miles to the south and this is the impact…
My thoughts go out to the people living through this hell on earth.

62mm, f22, 4 secs.
Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Totally fine image. Nice off-center balance (bit of an oxymoron, I guess), good color, brightness/contrast well balanced, details in the darks, color in the lights. It’s a well-crafted scene.

Beautiful image and mood and a fine salute to Neil in the title and a dedication to those suffering loss. Beautiful lines in the reflection and water and lovely color gradient in the sky. Real sweet.

And so the rains came… and we have blue skies again in Nor Cal! Yeah! So very sad… and today we all must be thankful for what we have…

Beautiful and fitting image Dan. I really like the color gradient, the reflection and good call on the shutter speed and treatment of the water/waves.

The only critique part would be cloning out your dust bunnies and maybe that one gull on the smaller rock, left of center. No biggie.

Lon

Beautiful lines and color. I especially like the foreground.

We have had a horrendous couple of years of very bad fires, and as a former fire fighter, I can empathize with everyone whos suffered great loss, and I also salute the responders and charities who have done so much.
-P

A beauty, Dan. I’m always amazed at the colors that materialize at sunset along the coast; the color changes every minute, love it.