The Three Amigos and Repost

Repost:

Original:

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We’re due for some significantly sub-freezing temperatures this coming weekend, so I spent a bit of time Saturday searching out and photographing a few mushrooms that caught my interest. This trio was one that did so.

Specific Feedback

Do I need to subdue the green in the foreground? Anything else?

Technical Details

Sony A7Riv, FE 70-200 f/4 macro @ 95 mm, hand held lying on the ground, f/22, 1/20, iso 1600. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 6229 square. Taken at 12:43 PM pm January 6th.

3 Likes

Dennis: What a fine group this is! I love the textures in the stalks especially and the BG. Until you mentioned it I didn’t think much about the greens but on reflection I do think I would tone them down a bit as they do compete for attention. Hope you find some more before the freeze. :+1: :+1:>=))>

The shrooms look good and stand out well from the surroundings. The repost looks fine…Jim

I love shroom images when all of ours are not fruiting. The stipes here are so cool and twisty. How far were you from them? Sometimes I’ll shoot arrangement like these up against a log from father away so it compresses the DOF somewhat. The plane of focus looks great with them all so crisp. Greens and oranges look equally vibrant which is what I’d expect.

Hi @Kris_Smith. I was about 18 inches away. The wood in the background was somethind I picked up from nearby to avoid a lot of ugly stuff that was in the background (the usually hidden back side of my bird feeding and bathing pools setup).

ah gotcha. Nice way to make this a better photo.