Those in the shadows

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

After the first rough edit I was asking myself:
Should I darken down the truncated tree on the left? Did I overdo the saturation/colours? What do you think?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Taken in the Dolomites last week.

Technical Details

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-19 um 17.02.38

Specific Feedback

Anything you can think of!

2 Likes

Saturation looks fine to me. IMHO you should have included the whole tree in the left FG instead of cutting it off. And the white stream? behind the trees is a little distracting. But overall a fine image.

1 Like

Markus,
I quite like this image and your saturation/colors like just fine to me. The light on the trees is magical and imparts this wonderful glow to the image. I could also see this as a horizontal; not necessarily better just another option. That would get rid of the tree you mentioned as well as the lighter area my brother @Michael_Lowe mentioned. I hope you do not mind, but here is what I was thinking.
Wald 3

1 Like