Tiger

First off I need to say that this was taken at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado, so it isn’t really a nature picture, but I like going to zoos to practice which also means they are good pictures for critiques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback is welcome. I wanted to keep the tree branches in front of the Tiger because they are so elusive and secretive in the wild I wanted to try and get that feeling, I’m curious if that worked?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback is welcome. I haven’t done any post-processing on it yet (but obviously will at some point).

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

300mm f- 6.7 1/400s

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I think that it is a nature picture Trevor, but thanks for telling us it’s captive.
I like the pose, but how about taking a little of the left side away to put more emphasis on the tiger?
I quite like your suggestion that the leaves add an element of natural secrecy, but speaking as someone who has spent many many hours trying to see tigers clear of foliage in the wild…it doesn’t do it for me!
Actually I think that the leaves at the bottom are ok but the one over the face is a bit distracting.