Tiny Succulent Flowers

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A stack of 80 images was used to get this final image of an unknown species of succulent. I lit this one up with three different flashes. Glandular hairs provide the light outline on the leaves.

Technical Details

Z9 105mm f2.8 micro + 1.4x teleconverter (F8, 1/200 sec at ISO 64) 80 image stack (PMax) Levels to set black point, Reduction in highlights, slight crop for comp. Each flower is about 0.5mm in diameter.

1 Like

Wow! Half a millimeter? That’s some really close-up photography to make this work. I don’t see any issues with the stack and your lighting looks great. When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought Heucheria, but the blossoms are ten times the size of these. Excellent work.

1 Like

Gorgeous! The work to capture the wonderful detail paid off and the composition is beautiful!

1 Like

Wow another beauty Jim. You placed the gentle swooping arc the plant has in the right spot and the stack looks good to me. Is this a mature plant? I always find red colors in stems and leaves to be interesting because there are many reasons for it. These remind me of Whitlow grass in color and their dainty size. I bet pollinators love these.

1 Like