Trumpeter Swan

We have had a breeding pair of swans for many years on this small section of the Deschutes River. We have had only one for the past four years. He or she seems to be lonely and I am sure hoping for a mate. Very regal appearing.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Had difficulty knowing brightening the back ground and getting rid of the glare. May have to get a polarizing filter for this Lens

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D ll, Sigma 150-600, 215mm, f/9, 340sec, ISO 1600, Tripod.
LR and PS
All comments are appreciated.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice, Charlie. I like all the drops on the swan and the reflections on the water are awesome. The processing on the swan brings out the contours very well, but looks maybe just a touch overdone to my eye-but that’s very much a matter of taste. Whites are tough! I do think a touch more canvas on the top and the right would be nice.

Charlie, I believe swans mate for life, so if so, it is sad to think that this one has been alone for the past 4 years. I too like the droplets on the swan. He/she is a real beauty. I agree with Dennis that a bit more room at the top and to the right would improve the image. I like having a polarizing filter for each of my lenses. They are nice when working around water and wet foliage.

Unfortunately, there was no room on the right side. I know there is a way to extend the picture to sort of clone it but I don’t really know how to do that.
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks. Should of backed off on the telephoto. This picture had no more room on th right or top.
Charlie

Nice look at the swan and I like the light on the water. In PS you can go to Image>Canvas and increase the canvas on the right. Select that area and then “Shift F5” and select “content aware” and that should extend the water to the right.