Trumpeter Swan

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was taken at the Sunriver (Oregon) Nature Center where there is a breeding pair of swans that are totally habituated to people. I was probably six feet away. The offspring from the pair are relocated to wetland areas in southern Oregon in an attempt to re-establish what was once a large native population in the state.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 Tx at 420 mm; 1/1000 at f8; ISO 1000.

1 Like

He/She does close-ups well, Allen. I like the focus on the eye and the shallow depth of field works fine in this case. Well done.

1 Like

This is SO COOL!! Wonderful framing, great BG and lovely whites!

I would be worried about being attacked.

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis_Plank and @Diane_Miller. We were both on the path around the lake and I think they are totally used to humans and not afraid. They basically just ignore us.

Nice detail in eye, feathers, and water droplets. Good contrasting background. All make for a pleasing and engaging action shot.

1 Like

Hi Allen, nice sharpness on the eye and good feather detail where it matters. Intriguing expression and pleasing background. Well done.

1 Like

Nicely composed, Allen. The colors - both blacks and whites - look good and the DOF works well with a clean background. Cool to see the details on the tongue.

1 Like