Tulip Time

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The tulip gardens in Holland are truly magnificent and yet a bit overwhelming. The bright sun and hoards of visitors -on this Easter Sunday -made composition a tad difficult ,but the memories of the beautiful day in the Keukenhof Gardens are long lasting.

Specific Feedback

any and all are welcomed

Technical Details

Canon 5D 1/13 sec f1/16 24-105 f4 lens

The colors are beautiful and the picture is well focused and executed. But I feel like there is a little too much in the picture and I am not sure what was the main subject. you have several very strong elements here and I am not sure you

need all of them. If the tulip up front were your focus you don’t really need so much in the back and it is a bit distracting. On the other hand if the half circle purple shape is the main subject as it is beautiful with the really nice reflection a different crop is possible.

These are just some suggestions. But really nice picture, shapes and colors.

I’ll say this is probably the most interesting garden scene I’ve ever seen before. But along with others, I just think the top left and right corners are a bit distracting so I would crop in slightly, and also the sliver above the blue flowers in the top center.

I like the overall composition, including the reflection and the spectrum of color. Its especially nice to create this image, in this place, without people. I would expect there to be thousands of people in this garden every day during the tulip bloom.

The mallard adds a nice bit of interest, but the motion blur is unfortunate.

Talk about an explosion of color! Its gorgeous! I enjoy going to our tulip festival on the west side of our state in April every year. After a gray winter, the colors are just what the soul needs. I’ve read the other comments, and I do love this as is, and I feel there would be several ways to crop it to also make nice images. But nothing about it makes me dislike it. Beautiful, thank you for sharing!

Thank you for the comments and suggestions for improving the image. I love your state and hope to revisit the Olympic peninsula one of these days.