Turkey in the Straw?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There’s a natural area near where I live and I go for a walk there most days. Wild Turkeys roam the area. The other day I came upon three separate flocks and when two, by chance, intersected, there was quite the squabble. I spotted these walking through tall grass and thought this was a bit different from the typical bird shot.

Specific Feedback

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 Tx at 420 mm (image uncropped) 1/1000 at f8, ISO 2000.

1 Like

I love it, Allen. Perfect title. The lower left out of focus bird is a bit of a distraction, but I think you could take care of it with a bit of selective desaturation on the reds in it. I was great that you were able to get all three of the upper birds in such great focus.

1 Like

An interesting take on turkeys in the grass. I’d be tempted to crop out the 2 LH turkeys and go with 2 for a rectangular comp. Well done…Jim

1 Like

Very hard to photograph turkeys through the grasses and I think you did a good job for the most part on this one Allen, I do find the two turkeys on the left to be a bit distracting though. I might be tempted to crop them out of the frame, especially if you have more room on the right to work with. Still nice work!

1 Like