Tutorial and Learning Recommendations

Hello All,

I was paging through the site and couldn’t find anything related to Tutorial discussions. I’m always interested in learning something new which is why I joined NPN. obviously the site has tons of great content and talented photographers to learn from.

I suppose what I’m looking for is advanced tutorials or maybe books (preferably ebooks) that go beyond the scope of beginner techniques. As of now I have tutorials from Adam Block, Enrico Fossati, Greg Benz, Marco Grassi, Mark Metternich, Nick Page , Peter Zelinka, Sean Bagshaw (Printing), and Ryan Dyar. All of them have their strengths and I learned a ton! I’m also about to finish one of Alister Benns ebooks and bought a few more which I’m really enjoying.

I have been becoming more interested in color theory, composition, and advanced processing in photoshop. One day I will attend an out of Acadia workshop which is a bucket list item. Another aspiration would be a mentorship. I would love to attend workshops however they can be pricey. NPN, tutorials, and books are more obtainable right now for me.

Has anyone seen Marc Adums’s “Artistic Philosophy?” which seems to be an interesting concept.

So I’m interested in hearing what other people are doing as far as self education.

Thank you!

1 Like

Here’s some more advanced ones that I would recommend. Ted Gore has a great one on color theory.

https://brucepercy.co.uk/video-workshops-members-area

1 Like

Very Nice! Between the site and these I won’t have enough time in the day. THANK YOU!

1 Like

Hi Brett!

On top of the resources mentioned by @David_Kingham I would also add few names:

• Elia Locardi
  • Daniel Kordan
  • Joshua Snow

I learned a ton from all of them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will also check them out. Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve spent a lot of money and watched a lot of videos over the years. Those Eric Bennett “Tools of the Trade” videos are some of the best I’ve seen.
The Ted Gore color theory video is really interesting too. Too bad Adobe pulled the color wheel from Ps.
Thanks!

1 Like

I will make sure I look at those first. thank you!

You can still get a color wheel: From the Menu: Window / Color
Then use the hamburger menu to choose Color Wheel:

1 Like

Mark have you seen the Ted Gore composition video? @Mark_Eley

I haven’t. Worth checking out?

@Mark_Eley i grabbed an Eric Bennett tutorial to check out especially since he has a nice Black Friday promo going on.

1 Like