Up, Up and Away

Got lucky catching this one just as it lifted off.

Specific Feedback Requested

Everything

Technical Details

D500, 200-500 @ 400mm, f/7.1, 1/1250, ISO 800, EV +.7

ACR, Photoshop

1 Like

Wonderful shot of this Blue. It’s sharp, caught a great position flying toward you and nice clouds behind the bird. The tree adds to the image. This is just nit picking. There’s a small orange spot on the tree truck close to the branch the bird is flying off from that could be cloned out. Also, I see what was maybe a little sun flare at the bottom of the truck that looks a little orange. Maybe take out the orange and darken just a wee bit. Very nice!

1 Like

Hi,

This one is very nice because it is a different perspective from what we normally try to achieve. The tree frames heron and sky. Highlights are very bright and you can’t really push them up more to get the shadows lit better. Overall, very nice and like this as presented…Jim

1 Like

The orange didn’t translate as well as I had expected as it was the leaves off a vine but have since cloned it and the dark spot out. I also did a color swap on the upper trunk where the sky bled into the tree, which we both missed…and so that goes.

1 Like

Score, Chris. That’s awesome.

1 Like

Nice angle on this shot Chris and you caught him at just the right moment. Just enough room for him between the tree branches which frame him perfectly. Nice job on the cleanups too. Sometimes I’ll have my non-photographer wife look at an image and she’ll spot something I missed, lol.

1 Like

This is what the difference between a great documentary shot and the art you have created.

1 Like

I have forgotten how to tag each comment individually, so I will just thank all of you who have taken the time to comment on this photo. I simply adore the Herons and Egrets and never pass up an opportunity to grab one on the fly.