Walking together in the mist

At sunset of a misty day.

Specific Feedback Requested

Too foggy?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

D850, Nikkor 24_70 at 70 - 1/60, f/11, ISO 100.

1 Like

What gorgeous light! And a wonderful storybook scene. Excellent!!

Absolutely incredible light. Gorgeous. I don’t think mine would be the popular opinion but I’m not sold on the two silhouetted people in the lower right. The way they are in total darkness without detail feels to me at least, more of a distraction than an addition to what is an image right out of the Hudson River School of painters. Incredibly romantic/Romantic.

Dear Diane Miller and Kerry Gordon I am grateful to you for appreciation for this photo. I consider it as one of my best photos taken in the brief, poor, incomplete, recent walk in the field of landscape photographies for the painting look and the romantic feeling but I find very few photographers that are of my opinion and that pay attention to this image. I am feeling alone but you cheer me up!
I must improve. Thanks.

Giuseppe,

This is simply wonderful imagery. The light of course, the misty/hazy atmosphere, touch of autumn colors… and then to have a story elevated out of this makes this one for me. I get Kerry’s response to the people, but for me, they make the story - not necessarily the image, but they make the story of the image. Love this.

Lon

1 Like

The image stands on it’s own without the people but having the people in the image tells a story about the scene. The light is absolutely magical. Too much Fog??? Not a chance. I just love the mood that you’ve captured in this and the shafts of light coming in from the left are soft and muted and don’t take over the scene. Too bad not many of the photographers you’ve shown this to are not paying much attention to it. They don’t know what they’re missing. This is a special image! Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a mid 19th century painting. The two people add so much to this image. Even though they are small in size they have a great presence. I might experiment with making the darker part of the sky near the very top just a bit darker with the idea that it would accentuate the lighter part. It’s classic art before the impressionist movement changed everything (in Western Europe).