Walking

Beautiful weather
Walking in the local dunes
A Sunday morning

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Although the weather is not always that good. Also by clouds or rain even by frost it’s is good to be there for a walk.

Technical Details

F11, 1/30, Iso 125, 70-200 at 90mm

2 Likes

Ben,

About all I can say is the classic saying that you must have been like a “kid in a candy store…” on this day. Almost surreal lighting conditions you had and of course you have capitalized on the light so beautifully in your recent images. This image has the added bonus of pulling me right in to the frame as if I’m on the path walking through the woods.

I can’t say there would be anything I would change here. Ok, gotta be something… maybe a little vignette? That’s about all I can think of.

Lon

I think that this is my new favourite image of yours! I love the light and the composition with the path or trail winding through the scene but what puts this over the top for me is the inclusion of the few warm brown leaves that are still clinging to the trees. Looks like a fantastic morning and I viewing this I can just imagine being there. Also, your haiku really suits the image so extra points for that. :blush:

Hi Ben, Lovely photo. I like the depth created by the fog and the muted tones.

Hey Ben. Love your style, my friend. The mood and misty atmosphere is extremely calming. I think this composition is really good too and I enjoyed looking at it. The one suggestion I would have is to slightly darken the patch of grass in the bottom left corner to bring more attention to the entire scene and path. Again, great shot!

I like all the angular lines and shapes in this image. It gives a slightly unbalanced appearance that creates some visual tension. One thing I would prefer is that the dark tree on the left was a bit more away from the edge and a bigger part of the image (I.e. move the camera more to the left). Otherwise it has a strong pull to the left. I do feel that its presence is important though as a counterbalance to all the pale shapes.

@Lon_Overacker , @Tom_Nevesely , @Richard_Duckworth , @David_Johnston , @Igor_Doncov ,
Thanks for your comments and advices.

Ben