Waterfall

I’m not sure if this is ok to post here? It is a man made water feature i stumble upon a couple of days ago while roaming around downtown. What i caught my attention was the many ways the water was flowing and splashing. Also the play of the horizontal rock wall behind the vertical line of the water.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I would have like the foreground water a little more blurred while keeping the vertical flow as detailed. Is that somehow possible. I did not have my ND 1.5 filter with me but am guess that would have helped a bit? I use a polarize filter.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Are the highlights on the far left spray too bright? Any other input would be welcome.

Any pertinent technical details:

Nikon D7200, f/25, 1/6 sec, 100 iso, 70 mm
Any other comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

I am enjoying this waterfall. It is sort of an abstract. I would be tempted to use content-aware fill and eliminate the leaves in the lower right corner and burn down or clone out the rock top at the bottom. To my eye, that makes a much simpler and cleaner presentation, very much a personal taste. Nicely done.

Thanks Harley, I appreciate your thoughts. I’ve not used “content-aware fill” but will definitely try it. I’ve posted a second (hope that’s ok?) photo i took which does not have the plant in the lower right corner, for comparison. I like the way the stone way is clearer in the first post.

Thanks for your help Harley. I’ve reposted the original photo having used “content aware” … . . really a great tool. Thanks.

Linda,

Just wanted to comment that your last repost, is outstanding! Great job working with what you had to get to this result. I enjoyed the original for it’s crisp and clean lines of the waterfall and the glistening texture of the spray. Harley addressed the distractions, so kudos to you for implementing and taking those suggestions in consideration. Processing is excellent, especially contrasts.
Well done.

Lon

Thanks Lon and Harley for your thoughts and suggestions and also for your words of encouragement. NPN has been a huge help to me, still lots to learn but am grateful to be a part of it.