We All Connect & repost

On one of my neighborhood walks last summer I got to watch and be watched by this beautiful squirrel! She was really sweet and calm.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 3200
300mm
f/6.3
1/400
Adjusted exposure, ISO 3200 was still a bit dark under the tree

naturenessie

What a cute pose! She does look gentle and calm. How unusual for a squirrel.

She could use a little sprucing up though - maybe turn down the background exposure and lift hers a little bit. She’s framed nicely, so I wouldn’t change that. And such a direct look. A smidge of a crop would eliminate some junk on the upper left and left. Such a great portrait. Well seen.

1 Like

Ha! What a great look! Nice catch. I have a love/hate relationship with squirrels, but they can be really cute. I agree with Kris about the BG. She looks okay to me, though.

1 Like

Not sure I’ve ever seen a squirrel in repose!! Very nice!

1 Like

@Diane_Miller @terryb @Kris_Smith Thanks Kris, Terry, and Diane for your interest and feedback! I can’t get the background tamed down without affecting the squirrel. So, what about a crop? I had originally had it cropped but thought to try just the original size since she’s already pretty well seen and I know a lot of people like the environmental shots. I personally am a cropper! What do you think? Is it too much?!..

1 Like

Really a cool pose and I liked the first crop but white spots in the BG are bit distracting.

1 Like

@JRajput
Thanks, Jagdeep! That’s the sun coming through the leaves in the tree, because I’m looking up. I tried to see if I could get rid of them but not sure if it looks right, what do you think?..

1 Like