Western Dogwood after a spring shower #3 + RP

And a RP based on @Kris_Smith’s comment:

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We had some light rain again last night so I visited my friends the Dogwoods again this morning. Thanks to the magic of macro lenses, what I manage to find every time is so different.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-05-06 at 10.01.34 AM

Minor tonal adjustments in LR to bring out detail in the petals. Into Zerene for a stack of maybe 15. Then to PS for a little more tonal work, nothing heroic.

I’m sold except for the leading twig. Other than snapping it off (which wouldn’t be nice) I’m not sure what else you can do besides clone it. Or maybe lighten it so it is more in keeping with the tone of its mate on the other side. Hm. Dilemmas. The blossom itself is so lovely with the pool of water in the center and the complement of droplets all around. You found a great background, too. I know it must be hard to do with sprawling trees like this. Keep going over there!

I had doubts about it, too, but felt it was needed for balance – in fact, that’s what attracted me to the scene. But I’ve posted a modification for consideration. I do think it’s an improvement.

I think that’s a good compromise - works for balance, but doesn’t attract the eye quite so much.