Western Meadowlark

At a local wildlife refuge. You hear the singing before you see the bird. Early morning light.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

ISO 800, 500 PF, F7 .1, 2000th, D500

3 Likes

Looks like you were dealing with some harsh light, David but handled it well. Good details and an interesting perch adds to the scene. I miss Meadowlarks. I was born and raised in Kansas where the Meadowlark is the State bird, but I never see one here in NE Oklahoma.

Nice image, David. Is this recent? It looks like winter plumage to me. Ilike keeping the bird small in the frame.

Hi David
The framing has a nice balance to it. My eye travels up the stump to the Meadowlark and its’ head turn points out the twigs on the left of this frame. This only work with a small bird in the frame.
Peter

Great environmental, David. I love how you’ve framed this. Outstanding.

Good environmental image David. A really interesting perch for sure and the OOF dead twigs to the left add dimension and depth and work really well here. This would not work as well if they were not present. The placement of the bird in the upper third of the right part of the frame works well too. He looks cold like he scrunched up a little bit so I too am wondering if this is winter or early spring. I love hearing these guys. You are correct. You always hear them before you see them.

Wonderful shot with very pleasing framing!