What lies beneath

Drone image (I could not find the aerial tag anywhere) from one of my Utah trips this year. What I find very interesting is the layer of dirt on the top and all of the edges of various sedimentary layers beneath the ugly layer of dirt being exposed through erosion.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all comments and critiques ae welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
DJI Mavic Pro ii, Hasselblad 28mm f/2.8 lens, ISO 100, 10.26 mm focal length, 1/2500 @f/4

2 Likes

Red and white and red and white. Rust/iron and salt maybe? It is interesting how just those two colors are there. Except now, in a thousand years, there’ll be added the brown top layer to the mix. Maybe.
Great way to show this geology, David. I like the way the rust lines fan out in the middle, like a runoff of water or something.

David, this aerial view provides a wonderful look at this geological & overall soil layer erosion patterns. On top of it being informative it is stunningly beautiful too. I really like how you’ve got the angle of view as a bit of ULC to LRC flow to the scene also. Actually has a look & feel of a coastal plateau with ocean staggered wave cycles to it…Excellent… :+1:

I love the colours and structures and the diagonal composition really is perfect.
Grt, Ingrid.

David, the lobes of red and white angling across the frame look great. The undulating flat lands in the upper left make quite the contrast.