White-crowned Sparrow

Early morning light. This little sparrow just popped up as I was walking by. Photo is cropped and I removed three clusters of oof bg leaves and berries.
5D4, 700mm, f/5.6, 1/250, ISO 1600

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Is noise an issue

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Too dark?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wonderful warm light. The details in the plumage work well. Excellent pose and head turn. Red berries and diagonal branches add to comp. I don’t see any objectionable noise. I finally got my desktop up and running again after its near fatal encounter with the power surge. I took one look at the image on the larger monitor and it seemed oversaturated compared to what I had noted on my laptop or iPad. It wasn’t you! After recalibrating the monitor, it looks fine.

Perfect color-coordination with the warm light! And a very interesting perch, with the leaves balancing the bird so well. I don’t see noise, either, but if it’s a concern on a closer view, I find Topaz DeNoise AI to be amazing. The crop feels just a little tight top and bottom, to me.

I like the warm light. Don’t detect noise. Nice detail and perch.