White egret

I am a newbie to wildlife but I liked the contrast in this shot ans tried to play it up

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome. Thanks for looking

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
F8 @ 1/1000 fuji 70-300 aps-c ISO 200

The contrast and the bird’s pose make a fine action shot, Charles, the translucency in the flight feathers is a nice addition.

1 Like

You did a great job with the contrast. I wish it was sharper though overall. It looks like there was some camera movement as well as subject movement, but the exposure looks good. The whites are right on the edge of clipping (at least without downloading) and look like the bird is glowing. The splash left behind is a nice touch.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. This was taken from a kayak at 100mm so I expect there was some camera shake - not to mention a significant crop that impacted sharpness. I thought 1/1000 sec was enough speed and perhaps it would be on a tripod. I struggled with the highlights - the bird is so white I can’t get the details to show. But glad you liked it. There is a little clipping in wing tips and bottom of the left wing. Thanks again for taking time to give feedback