Wild Race

Young Asian Elephants on run, on the banks of river Ramganga.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D IV; 500 mm; ISO 1600; 1/1000 sec. at f 5.6.

jagdeeprajputphotographie
1 Like

Looks like a game of tag! What a rumble it must make. Animals at play are so engaging. I’d have a try at darkening the surrounding area - the sand especially, to make the dust stand out clearer.

1 Like

A terrific action shot, Jagdeep. What an awesome sight. I agree with Kris that I could see toning down the highlights a bit. Still, well done.

1 Like

Jagdeep, it must be quite an experience watching/hearing/feeling these elephants running. This captures the action well with the raised foot of the first one and all of the dust.

1 Like

Very nice Elephant behaviour! The dust gives the frontrunner great presence in the photo.

1 Like

Beautiful action shot, Jagdeep! You really captured the movement well! They look so graceful!

1 Like

A very nice elephant action shot, Jagdeep! Between the body position of the front elephant and the dust its quite obvious they were moving pretty fast. I agree with others that it’s just a little bit bright which loses some contrast between the sand and dust. I would darken the whole image just a tiny bit and maybe add a hint of contrast.

1 Like