Wishful dream

What technical feedback would you like if any?All feedback is appreciated

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: F11, 1/4, iso64, 70-200 at 165mm.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

And yet another dreamy image. That is a very productive area. Is there an Orton effect applied?

Thank you,Ronald. Yes most of the mood comes from playing with the Orton effect , the very wet atmosphere , just enough light and the overcast.

Beautifully inviting and dreamy, Ben. The changing amount of light across the frame looks great.

1 Like

Ben,

Indeed, another dreamy photograph. I think this one less compelling than others, most due to the strong light beam between the two dark trunks on the left. While I think graphically effective on the left, not sure the right and left halves flow together well, certainly not like mos of your other work.
Still… beautiful light and dreamy atmosphere.

Lon

Ben,

I don’t know where you make your photographs, but my goodness you get some amazing light and you always seem to capture it so expertly. This is just fantastic. I especially love the soft glow on the leaves on the right. Well done!

I agree with Youssef regarding your lighting. And your forest shots have been consistent like that for quite some time. The light has a somewhat greenish yellow look which I find interesting. The orton effect on the dark tree just to the right of the big dark one on the left is a bit too strong in my opinion.

You are just a master at taking full advantage of the light and shadow in diffused light, with or without the “orton” effect. I love spending time looking into each one.

Ben, I’m glad that you are having some fun with the Orton Effect, your recent series has a lot of atmosphere. I think the light is well balanced in this shot. But I think this shot doesn’t work quite as well as some of the earlier ones. To my taste, the dark tree on the left becomes too dominant and draws attention away from the center/right of the image.

I do agree with @Igor_Doncov about the Orton affecting the darker tones too much. If you are using the TK Orton, you may want to consider playing around with using a lights masks to constrain the Orton effect to only the lighter tones in the image.

There must be something special about the air in the Netherlands. Sean Bagshaw had a recent blog post where he mentioned a number of his favorite landscape photographers, and one of them was a photographer from the Netherlands, Inge Bovens, whose forest images reminded me of your recent series.

https://www.instagram.com/ingebovens/

@Ed_McGuirk, Thank you so much. Ed for your attention for my work. Here some more dutch photographers. neltalen.nl , Larsvandegoor.zenfolio.com .https://www.ellenborggreve.com/home-page

@Ronald_Murphy, @Youssef_Ismail, @Lon_Overacker, @Igor_Doncov, @Cheryl_Kuhl, @Mark_Seaver, @Ed_McGuirk

You all make me smile and feel good about my photography . I just do my thing and am happy with the results. That’s why I like your approval so much. With all your comments you give me more confidence in my work. Thank you.