Yosemite Coyote

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I spotted this guy snooping around in a meadow at the base of El Capitan and it pretty much ignored me allowing me to blast away. It was taken in early Spring so I think this is still its Winter coat. I cloned out a few distracting ground stems. D500 Nikon 200-500 lens, 1/1000th, f 5.6, 420mm, ISO 280, hand held, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice close up with some great details here, although I don’t find the light very supportive.
You may crop some canvas off on the LHS and add some on the RHS.

Hi Dave, nice close up and you handled the tough lighting well (good detail in the shadows) even though it detracts overall. With the face mainly in shade, you might try brightening the eyes some. I could see more room on top also.

Fortunate to run in to this coyote - It appears that there is something of interest to our right and i think that giving it more space here would help. If it had turned its head towards you, you might have got its head to light up better