4 Toms

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We got 4 inches of snow overnight and the next morning a large flock of turkeys showed up out back. This was a shot I liked of the toms competing.

Specific Feedback

Cropping? Background?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 180-600 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/1000th, f 9.0, 378mm, ISO 800, monopod, cropped to 4055 x 2857

1 Like

Fantastic setting and the detail in the turkeys is great as well. They really pop against the snow. A beautiful image.

Dave, I like the composition and how you positioned the birds in relation to the background. The wonderfully sharp detail in the feathers is a nice contrast to the white snow. I also like the out-of-focus background. I count 4 birds, but the way their legs are, it is hard to account for all four. That is certainly not a concern, just something I noticed. This is an all-around great shot.

A very nice image, Dave. They’re sure showing off to one another.

Wow! Dave. Nice shot. The DOF is perfect. The details, colors, composition all amazing.

Dave: wonderful image with the toms standing out very well against the snowy background. The detail in their feathers is excellent.

Hi Dave, nice DOF with all the birds sharp. Love the snow as a feature of this image and all the birds grouped together while still seeing two complete birds.