A Frosty Reception

Oh how I love a cedar swamp. And I’ve been known to seek out and visit nature preserves with boardwalks. So call it heaven to find a 900 foot boardwalk had been recently built through a cedar swamp. Drove an hour to experience it. The scrim of October snow was just…well, icing, cake, you get it.

Specific Feedback Requested

I can go back. I can edit this more. What’s on your mind?

Technical Details

Tripod

Lr for some basic processing, but I can’t remember if I did anything out of the ordinary. Probably not. Topaz Sharpen to pick up some details and maybe I did something in Photoshop, but I can’t remember. Lol.

1 Like

I like this very much. As you said, the snow on the trees and boardwalk really make this photo stand out. I like the contrast of oranges in the fallen leaves too. The two front trees on each side nicely guide the eye into the scene. This is just nit picking, but maybe a little cleanup of some of the small debris in the ground leaves. Things like those two small stones on the LMS of the walkway and the stuff that is in the BL edge of the photo. Nicely seen.

Seriously can’t imagine changing a thing, Kris. It looks like a place I would love to visit again and again. What I love about this image is the fact that it does look so natural and inviting. Great shot.

Thanks @Donna_Callais & @linda_mellor - now I know it’s there, I’ll be going again. Plus there is a small, undeveloped lake that uses the same parking lot for the launch site. I’m thinking of a spring walk/paddle outing!

1 Like

Sound great, Kristen. Gives you something to look forward to.

Wonderful perspective and scene! Mark the tripod holes and note the focal length and shoot pin registered versions in about 7 different seasons!

1 Like

Thanks @Diane_Miller - I mean to get down there again soon. It is a really special place now you can walk through it with ease and without damaging the fragile peat moss mat and other plants.

1 Like