A Lost Lake

How is this done on the Mac?

Hi Igor!

I just went on my Mac to find out and have some answers for you.

If you want to view what your layer mask looks like on Mac, hover your cursor over your layer mask and press your Option Key on Mac (Alt on PC). This will create a black and white view of you mask. The color white means whats is selected and black means what is not selected.

Another trick that is helpful when creating masks is using the backslash key. Select a layer that has a mask on it and hit the backslash key to get a good idea of what you are masking.

Hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Matt,

Beautiful alpine landscape. The light and colors are wonderful. I concur with just about all the comments so will only repeat a couple.

That brighter rock - yup, that’s the big eye magnet. Igor took care of that nicely and I think his edit nails it - subtle change from your original, but I really like this edit.

Lon

1 Like

Cheers Lon, thanks for taking a look! =)

Hi Matt, wow it’s awesome reading the story of the shot! Exhilarating stuff, to embrace nature in such a full way and then bring back some of the beauty of the experience for others who will never visit that place. Your shot is superbly composed and succeeds in conveying the sense of remoteness and isolation. As a novice, I read the comments and resulting changes with interest. Something has been gained for sure. Just a thought: the last, brightest version is very attractive but when I compare it with your original, I feel some of the sense of the slightly threatening, indeed sublime beauty of the place is a bit lost - but perhaps it’s just me. Well done, congrats on a beautiful experience and resulting image!

I missed this one when it was posted. I just echo what just have been said, an amazing image and effort! The brighter image I think catch someones eye quicker, but when comparing with the darker one i prefer the darker one for the mood that it better conveys: Remoteness and a harsh and somewhat inhospitable environment.