A Rpple in Tme

Description: Reflections -The constant changing pasterns in the water were produced by the water from a fountain striking the water . Color varied depending on the changing light coming through the overhead glass ceiling. Image was captured at Longwood Gardens located in south eastern PA

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

4 Likes

Great shot, James! I have many similar reflections from the water’s surface, although none from a fountain, so lucky you to have your camera available.

I really enjoy the complimentary colors and shapes in this one. My eye never settles as I follow the sinuous lines. I’ll admit that the thin dark lines that cross the gold and blue colors are distracting, but perhaps you had no control over excluding them given the angles of the light and reflection.

I think of liquid gold, or mercury, when I see this. Beautiful colors and reflections.

A beautiful abstract. The blues and gold really complement each other. I might try removing the small pieces of green in the 2 upper corners, but this really is an eye-pleaser.

1 Like

Great colors and patterns. My first thought was the same as Mike about the green spots are distracting to the overall look of the image. Otherwise, excellent abstract.

James, this is an excellent collection of shapes and colors. The dramatic colors, high contrast and tight pattern work well. Yes, it would be “cleaner” without the bits of green, but they do add something extra and help to keep eyes moving as do the brightest yellow spots.

Thanks for the comments ,they are always appreciated.This is one of those images where you have minimal control over the out -come. I could adjust my reflective angle to the water for the best composition, but other than that, it was all random.
I revisit Longwood often and always go back to this fountain and have yet been able to duplicate the reflections with this color combination.

Visually this grabbed me, I wanted to see more and try to figure out how these colors came together. Same color palette as Vincent’s Starry Night and the same dazzling movement. So now that I understand its origin I wish I was there to capture it too. I just love it. Agree about the green.

Stunning. I too would darken or replace the green spots.