A strange landscape + RP

A tweak as suggested below:

And another idea, that maybe I should quit trying to be a landscape photographer and just try to find a passable composition in the part that appealed to me:

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

On the way to the SE Oregon desert, hoping to do some astro a couple of weeks ago, I saw this pattern that caught my attention. It was unusual and I liked the way the light angle made it a very flat scene with the fine lines defining the shapes. But I don’t know if it has the slightest appeal to anyone else. Aerial scenery is 99.9% boring but once in a while something catches my eye. The angle of view is limited without going to a lot of trouble to circle and adjust position, so I’m usually content with a drive-by shooting.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-08-26 at 3.01.33 PM

Slight adjustments to punch a little contrast in LR, then into PS for some minor border patrol. Surprisingly, NR did almost nothing. I was afraid it would wipe out the patina of sagebrush, but it survived. No crop.

Diane, this one is very intriguing, unusual and appealing. The flatness brings out subtleties, such as the beautifully soft colors. I like it a lot.

If it were mine, I’d consider a couple of tweaks. The ridge in the upper left has some very dark tones that you might want to lighten a bit. It has more contrast than such a distant feature would ordinarily have.

Much of the upper right-hand part of the image has less detail than the rest of the image. I’d consider boosting the texture in the vacant areas there.

But both of these suggestions may be wrong. It’s terrific as it is.

Thanks, @Don_Peters! I had done both of those things, but I do think I could go further with both adjustments. I’ll do a RP when I get a few minutes – any day now…