A Swath of Color

We found this lovely blast of fall color while doing a little exploring around the Echo Lake area in the White Mountains of NH. As always I appreciate your taking a look and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 200 mm, f 11 @ 1/20 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

This is flat out beautiful, Ed. No critiques or suggestions from me. I really like the crop here where you zoomed in to exclude the ski slopes in the BG.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

Truly a blast of color. Just gorgeous, and I like the placement of the tree trunks to hold it together. Incredible colors.

Ed,

You ain’t kidding - a BLAST of color! Wow, you and Michael sure seemed to hit peak colors!

Love how you tightened up this composition allowing the colors to do all the talking.

No nits or suggestions. Beautifully awesome.

Lon

Fall color doesn’t get much better than this Ed, simply a spectacular display of color. I especially like the bands of color orange/yellow/orange yellow as you more from left to right, you got perfect framing on this. Really wonderful work, congrats :+1:

WOW, this is yet another northeastern blast of outstanding autumn colors here, Ed. For me it’s all about the depth, trunk & limb structures, and of course the colors too. But the actual darker structure or trunk & limb framing of the trees makes this one work so well IMO. Those items seem to make the colorful leaves POP…:+1::+1:

Another image that makes me want to go to the NE in fall. no nits from me. I’m liking the colours and textures

A beautiful blast of color, intense yet natural looking. Looks great.

Thanks folks @Michael_Lowe, @Kathy_Barnhart, @Lon_Overacker, @Ed_McGuirk, @Paul_Breitkreuz, @Nathan_Klein, and @Harley_Goldman for the kind words. So glad everyone enjoyed the image.

This is flat out gorgeous, Ed. Lots of color, yes. But the way it’s combined and distributed shows good balance and well put together.

Many thanks @Igor_Doncov; I always appreciate your thoughts.