A tranquil Moment

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Our National Geographic guide hiked us in to this isolated pool where the Flamingos gather to feed -Galapagos Islands

Specific Feedback

any and all are welcomed

Technical Details

Sony 7RM3 100-400 lens @ 1/500 f/11 auto WB

James, what a fun image! I love it. The positions of the flamingos are just wonderful, and, of course, their reflections accentuate that. The depth of Field works well, with emphasis on the foreground and a softer background. Thanks for adding a smile to my day!

How’d you get those 5 birds to pose for you so perfectly? What a shot. A perfect use of calm water reflection. I can’t think of a thing to change.

James: this is indeed a tranquil moment. The flamingoes are nicely spaced and all in the same pose. The fact that there are an odd number is a big plus. My only suggestion would be to burn the water (including the reflections) to make the birds stand out even more. Well captured. Richard

James, this image caught my eye when I looked at my feed in NPN. What a fun image it must have been to capture! The peaceful waters and sharp reflections add to the beauty of the photo. It is great that each flamingo is in a different pose. There is negligible black and white clipping. The one thing I would like to suggest is to try a different crop eliminating the brush in the background and leaving the reflections. The luminosity and busy appearance there keep pulling my eyes away from your gorgeous quintet. It is a great and fun image.