A walk in Jällabjär

Last weekend I had the opportunity to take a walk in the Jällabjär Nature Reserve situated in Skåne, Sweden. Here is a small scene from that walk.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/16, 1/50, ISO400, Olympus lens 12-40 at 12 mm (24 mm equiv.), Olympus camera OM-D E-M1X (mft system)

2 Likes

I really like all those arcs going this way and that. I find the lichens on the tree distracting and would consider removing them. Great handing of light and dark as the shadows are not very contrasty.

So inviting and beautifully composed. The close tree’s arching branch reaches down to the farther tree. The prominent trunk of that one balances the weight. Did you by chance get one with the far right tree either fully disconnected from the close one or totally obscured? I think eliminating it or showing it more fully would be better. The bright area at the end is a great end point to the scene. I think one of Igor’s lichens might be a trail marker, but either way, I’d get rid of at least the orange patch. A fabulous spring image.

I would agree with Kristen’s term inviting, that is what came to mind to me. I really like your construction of the image and it comes together really well. The bright area at the back nicely pulls me out that way and makes me wonder even more where this nice little path wanders to. The lichen patches fit the scene nicely for me. Really well done. I quite like this.

@Igor_Doncov, @Kris_Smith and @Harley_Goldman thanks for your kind comments.

I am glad that you mention this. I have more and more understood that dodge and burn are important tools to create or emphasize the mood in an image, and also to be used to steer the viewer´s attention. Previously I have mostly used dodge and burn to adjust disturbingly dark or bright areas.

No, when taking the image I did not notice that! But it is obvious when you point it out. But when I visit next year I know how to place myself.

Regarding the colorful trail marks, I had hoped for a clear NPN recommendation …

Then go with mine… Lol.

1 Like

No, no! Go with mine. Mine! :laughing:

1 Like

I love the composition on this one Ola,
the path line, the tree arch, the colorful spots…
love it.

@joaoquintela, thanks for your kind comments. Glad you liked it!