A Walk with Old Friends

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

It’s the simple things here that make the biggest mark. The crunch of the leaves, the way the light plays hide and seek through the branches—it’s a familiar tune that never gets old. These trees know me, and I know them. It’s our regular catch-up, and it never disappoints.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

14 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄40sec at ƒ/11

Don - this is absolutely fabulous! It’s reminiscent of a Renaissance era engraving with its strong tonal patterns. And those patterns just flow around the composition in such a magical way. This is a superb photography!

Bill, You made a magical forest road more magical (trough the B&W). I thought you should fill the white part on the right with some more leaves . But NO leave it be ! For the other part I am with @Bill_Lathrop .

Don,

What a wonderful photograph, and the B&W rendition is absolutely perfect for the subject and lighting. The dappled light on the path, to how the branches and leaves create a maze in the sky is phenomenal. It looks so mystical. Really can’t say enough about how much I am enjoying this photo.

@Bill_Lathrop @Ben_van_der_Sande @Youssef_Ismail

Thanks for your kind words! I’m really happy to hear that you found the image both magical and mystical, as that truly reflects the essence of a walk through this forest. Your feedback means a lot. Thanks once again. :pray: :pray: :pray: