If You Go Down to the Woods Today

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A path cuts through the bush, edged by the tall redgums. It’s well-worn by the boots of those who’ve walked before, leading somewhere deep and quiet.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

16 mm at ISO 500 and 1⁄125sec at ƒ/8

2 Likes

Don,
Your B&W images are stellar as is your prose accompanying the images. I like the fact that you pretty much filled up the frame with those redgum trees and the path takes me nicely into the scene. This has an air of mystery to it that I find intriguing and inviting. No suggestions from me; beautifully done.

1 Like

Thanks Ed! It’s a track I find myself continually returning to, there always seems to be something new. :pray:

Don,

Outstanding B&W photograph. The whiteness of the Redgum trees fading into the darker leaves and branches against the white sky is just “melts in your mouth” delicious, if that makes any sense. Did you use a gradient filter on the camera or did you do anything in processing?

1 Like

Thanks, Youssef, I appreciate your feedback! I did not use a grad filter on the camera, but I did use one in Lightroom. I subtracted the sky and increased the black value by a very small amount. :+1: